A Car Donation is donating your old vehicle to charity and a way of getting rid of it at the same time. Charitable institutions use car donations as a means to raise funds to support their causes. If you go through a car donation services for this procedure, this service is either directly involved in charitable activities or is in contact with a charitable institution. But either way, car donation proceeds go to the less privileged individuals or families.
If you are looking for a way to get rid of an old car and is looking up on Car Donations to do so, the first question you will probably ask is why you should donate your car. Why not just sell the car yourself? Here are some of the important reasons why you should donate your car.
1. Easy Way of Getting Rid of an Old Property. When you buy a new car, getting rid of your old one can sometimes prove to be a hassle. With car donation services, getting rid of your old car will be as easy as one-two-three. After calling a car donation services through their toll free number, you car will be picked up within 24 to 48 hours. Then every process that needs to be done to sell or assign the car to a needy family or individual will be taken cared of by the car donation services. Getting rid of an old car will never be this easy.
2. Avoid Fraudulent Transactions. The most important thing in selling a car is making sure that you get paid and this is unfortunately sometimes not the case. Channeling the disposal of your old property through car donation services will avoid you the possibility of transacting with people involved with fraudulent transactions. You will surely be assured that your car is paid for, if not used by charity.
3. Tax Deduction. The IRS allows tax deductions from a car donation. According to the federal tax legislation governing car donations, the gross amount from the sale of the car is an allowable tax deduction.
4. No Messy Paper Works. Selling a car involves too much paper work, from the title, receipt and the deed. Preparing these documents alone can be a daunting task. But if you donate your car, you will not have to deal with all the messy paper work. The car donation services that you contact will take care of them for you. All you have to do is hand in the title and wait for the receipt and necessary documents for your tax deductions.
5. A Great Way to Help the Needy. The proceeds from a car donation go to families and individuals that are in need of assistance. The charitable institutions also sometimes use the car themselves for their work. But either way, donating a car is certainly a great way to help those in need.
6. Cost-free. Selling the car yourself entails advertising or refurbishing the car to increase the chances of it being sold immediately. On the other hand, a car donation will cost nothing to the donating party. The car donation services that will handle your car donation will shoulder all the expenses of selling your car and any necessary refurbishing.
A car donation is simply the easiest way of ditching an old car. But before you contact a car donation services, it will be best to check their accreditation so that you are sure that your car donation proceeds goes to charity. To do this, check if your chosen car donation service is a certified 501(c) (3) charity organization.
Source by Robert N.